Please read these Terms carefully and discontinue your access and use of this Website if you do not agree to be bound by them.
1. General Information
Pegalis Law Group, LLC (“PLG” “we” or “our”) is a United States law firm with an office located in the State of New York and operates a website www.pegalislawgroup.com (“Website”) which offers information about the firm, its attorneys, and general legal information that may be of interest to our clients, colleagues or the public. Website content may include information and news about us, our attorneys, and staff; articles concerning recent legal developments and trends; legal/health information, Pegalis Law Group history, and contact information. Visitors to the Website may elect to use the Website to contact Pegalis Law Group, download our tip sheets, sign up to receive our newsletter, and ask us for a legal consultation.
Ethical rules provide for making the following disclosure: Some or all content of the Website may constitute Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
2. No Legal Advice
The information provided on the Website is offered as a courtesy. Website content is intended to provide general information and does not apply to any particular facts or circumstances. It does not constitute legal advice and website visitors may not rely on the contents for that purpose. If you need individual legal services, you should seek advice as you deem appropriate from professionals who are knowledgeable in that subject.
3. No Attorney-Client Relationship
No attorney-client relationship exists or may be created by your access or use of this Website or your communication with us through a Website link. If you wish to retain Pegalis Law Group, we would be happy to discuss your specific legal needs with you to determine whether we can be of assistance. Pegalis Law Group will also explore whether it has any conflict of interest or other issues in providing legal representation to you. PLG may decline to represent any person or entity due to a conflict of interest or, in its sole discretion, for any other reason.
There is no attorney-client relationship between us unless and until you and PLG enter into a written retainer agreement describing the scope of the proposed representation, the fee arrangements and other important terms. If you and PLG decide that PLG should represent you in a specific matter, a written retainer agreement, signed by both you and Pegalis Law Group is an absolute prerequisite for the creation of an attorney-client relationship. Therefore, unless and until we enter an attorney-client relationship, please do not send us any information that you wish to remain confidential.
Please be aware that any communications sent to us through the Website or through email before Pegalis Law Group is retained may not be privileged. Accordingly, please consider what information you share through the Website or email before sending it. Do not send any private information that should not be shared with others.
4. Your Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
5. Modification of Terms and Conditions
6. No Guarantee.
Pegalis Law Group works diligently to offer useful and interesting content on the Website. By its very nature, legal analysis is constantly changing and is often a matter of opinion. Interpretation of the law always depends on its application to specific facts and circumstances. Accordingly, you understand and agree that PLG cannot guarantee that all of the information on the Website will be accurate, complete or current, or that you will achieve any specific result or outcome based on the information contained on the Website. Pegalis Law group assumes no liability and you assume all risk of the use of the Website and its contents.
It is Pegalis Law Group practice to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, www.pegalislawgroup.com and other sites we own and operate.
We retain collected information to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We may share your data or information, including with third parties, for marketing purposes. We may also share your data and information when required by law. We will not sell your information or data. In using our Live Chat and Contact Us Form you are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
7. Temporary Interruptions
You understand and agree that temporary interruptions of the Website may occur as normal events that are out of our control. Neither you or we have control over the third-party networks or services that are used to offer or access the Website. You agree that your access to and use of the Website is provided “AS IS” and that we assume no responsibility in regard thereto.
8. Third-Party Websites and Information
Pegalis Law Group Website may contain links that redirect or link to third-party websites that we do not operate or control. Our Website also may otherwise include references to information or services made available by third parties. We provide the links solely as a courtesy to our Website visitors. Although PLG tries to provide links to trusted, reputable and secure websites and information, we cannot and do not endorse your use or access or make any warranties, express or implied, regarding their information, products or services.
Some websites may contain information, material or policies that some may find inaccurate, inappropriate or personally objectionable. You agree that Pegalis Law Group is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, decency or legality of content hosted by third-party websites. We are not responsible for errors or omissions in any references made on those third-party websites or any damage you may sustain as a result of or in connection with your access to or use of third-party websites, products or services.
9. Embeddable Player and Widgets.
To the extent that Pegalis Law Group makes available to you through the Sites (or otherwise) an embeddable player for viewing video and playing audio Content from the Sites (the “Embeddable Player”) and/or “widgets” to obtain access to Content from the Sites (“Widgets”), you agree as a condition to accessing and using such items that:
- You will not alter or modify any part of the Embeddable Player, the Widgets or any of their related technologies.
- You will include a prominent link back to the applicable Site on the pages containing the Embeddable Player and/or Widgets, and you may not modify, build upon or block any portion of the Embeddable Player and/or Widgets in any way.
- You will not use the Embeddable Player and/or Widgets for any commercial use, without the prior written authorization of Pegalis Law Group. Prohibited commercial uses include any of the following actions taken without PLG’s prior written approval:
- Sale of access to the Sites or their related services (such as the Embeddable Player and Widgets) on another website; and
- Use of the Sites or their related services (such as the Embeddable Player and Widgets), for the primary purpose of gaining advertising or subscription revenue.
10. Pegalis Law Group Intellectual Property
11. Limitations on Use of Content. You may download, copy or print Website Content only for your own use or reference in the future. You are not authorized and may not use or distribute Website Content for 1) any commercial use or purpose; 2) without attribution to Pegalis Law Group and/or the specific author identified as the source of the material; or 3) without PLG prior permission. You may link to Pegalis Law Group’s website with our permission, and so long as the link properly identifies Pegalis Law Group and the link is not “framed.”
The images on this website are provided subject to the following terms and conditions:
a. Pegalis Law Group owns and retains copyrights in the images unless stated otherwise. We do not grant any copyright license (either express or implied) to you. You have the right to reproduce the images and text solely by printing a page from this website that contains these images and you may do so only without altering those images or text and you may use them for non-commercial, personal use only. We expect the privacy of our personnel to be respected.
b. All images and text on this website are included on this website “as is.” We disclaim all implied warranties, including, without limitation, the warranties of title, infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose.
- No warranty for Third-Party Infringement. We do not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on or obtained through this Website will not infringe the rights of third-parties. If you believe that any Website content infringes on your intellectual property interest, please notify us by providing the specific details and information as to the alleged infringement such information should be emailed to email@example.com
12. Website Accessibility Statement
The Website and its content are dynamic, and technology is constantly evolving. Pegalis Law Group tries to ensure that the Website is useful, aesthetically pleasing and reasonably accessible to the widest audience possible. However, it is impossible to ensure that unforeseen issues will not arise in the future that may affect the ability of some individuals to access some or all Website content. If you are having any specific difficulty using the Website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us at 516-684-2900 so that we may assist you. PLG welcomes feedback on improving the Website’s accessibility for users in the future.
We cannot and do not make any representation or warranty that third-party content or third-party websites to which we provide links, will be accessible for your purposes.
ALL CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THE WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE CONTENT WILL BE EFFECTIVE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR BE FREE FROM MISTAKES, ERRORS OR DEFECTS.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. PLEASE CONSULT THE LAWS IN YOUR JURISDICTION.
14. Limitation of Liability and Indemnification
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFIT LOSS, WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR OF ANY WEBSITE REFERENCED OR LINKED TO FROM THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. PLEASE CONSULT THE LAWS IN YOUR JURISDICTION.
15. Termination of Use
16. International Use. Although this Website may be accessible worldwide, we make no representation that the Website or its Content are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States. Those who choose to access this Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and at their own risk. If you choose to access this Website from outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with local laws in your jurisdiction. We do not practice law outside the United States of America.
17. Miscellaneous Provisions
- Governing Law. This Website and its content are provided by Pegalis Law Group from its offices in Nassau County, New York, and the laws of the State of New York shall be controlling, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof. You agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the state or federal courts located in the County of Nassau, State of New York.
- Use by Children. We do not offer products or services for sale to children under 18. By using this Website, you are representing to us that you are 18 years or older. We will not be a liability for any damages that may result from misrepresentation of age by a user of our website.
- No Resale Right. You agree not to sell, resell, reproduce, duplicate, distribute, copy or use for any commercial purposes any portion of this Website beyond the limited rights granted to you hereunder.
Effective Date: April 1, 2019.